From Collective Motion to Collective Actuation in Populations of Polar Active Units
by Olivier Dauchot,
75005 Paris, France
- Different types of active matter: from biology to artificial systems.
- New macroscopic physics, specific to active matter.
- Dilute systems:
- Mechanical pressure is not a state variable.
- Motility Induced Phase Separation (if time).
- Collective Motion.
- Dense phases:
- Towards crystallization.
- A flowing crystal-
- Elastic solids:
- Collective actuation.
- Conclusion and Perspectives.